Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· Directory
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· Search
· Sox_Admin
· Statistics
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account

Sarbox Compliance
The appropriately named Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance Toolkit includes a whole range of materials specifically put together to both introduce, and take you through this most important of legislation.

For detailed information see the toolkit's own website: Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance

SOX Act and Security
As security is such a major theme on the Act, many organizations are using the international ISO standards. The ISO 27001 Portal outlines these. A copy of the standards, and security policies, can be obtained via the ISO 17799 Toolkit.

The SOX email storage requirements can be fulfilled using the GFI MailArchiver

SOX Advertisers

Sarbanes What?
Our server logs indicate some interesting mis-spellings: Sarbannes Oxley, Sorbane Oxley, Sarbanne Oxley, Sarbaines Oxley, Sarbanesoxley, Sorbanes Oxley, Sabanes Oxley, Sarbane Oxley, and Sarbanes Oaxley, to name but a few!

Sarbanes-Oxley Act Forum: Forums

The Sarbanes Oxley Act :: View topic - Auditing Point-Of-Sale Systems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Auditing Point-Of-Sale Systems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sarbanes Oxley Act Forum Index -> Control Methodologies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duaux

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Auditing Point-Of-Sale Systems Reply with quote

I would like to know if anyone can direct me to some readily available reference guides/templates I can follow to audit Point-of-Sale (POS) systems?

My company’s general IT controls is being tested under COBIT 4.0. However I am having some difficulties with apply COBIT 4.0 directly to a POS system.

Any comments/recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you.

**Update***

I have since found a document titled: Generic Application Review (AUDIT PROGRAM & INTERNAL CONTROL QUESTIONNAIR).

It is under the section ICQs and Audit Programs section on the ISACA.org website. Unfortunately it requires membership to access.

I believe it will provide me with a decent starting point. However, if anyone else can pos a few more that would be appreciated.

Thanks!
View users profile
harrywaldron
SoxGuru
SoxGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - You might avoid vendor links and look for articles here. Please copy to browser as direct links are not allowed in forums:

Code:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sox+point+of+sales+controls
View users profile Visit posters website
duaux

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harrywaldron: Thanks for the heads up. I will give it a try.
View users profile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sarbanes Oxley Act Forum Index -> Control Methodologies All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: