As security is such a major theme on the Act, many organizations are using the international ISO standards. The ISO 27001 Portal outlines these. A copy of the standards, and security policies, can be obtained via the ISO 17799 Toolkit.
Our server logs indicate some interesting mis-spellings: Sarbannes Oxley, Sorbane Oxley, Sarbanne Oxley, Sarbaines Oxley, Sarbanesoxley, Sorbanes Oxley, Sabanes Oxley, Sarbane Oxley, and Sarbanes Oaxley, to name but a few!
Sarbanes-Oxley Act Forum: Forums
The Sarbanes Oxley Act :: View topic - SOX Compliance Manager - SF
Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:51 pm Post subject: SOX Compliance Manager - SF
Our client, one of the largest banks in California, is seeking a seasoned Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Compliance Manager to work out of their headquarter office in San Francisco, CA.
Reporting to the SVP/Assistant Controller, the SOX Manager is responsible for the direct oversight of SOX compliance. The major responsibilities of this position will include:
• Overall SOX Compliance: Participating in the development and implementation of key strategies and initiatives related to SOX compliance.
• Maintaining the corporate policies, procedures, and methodologies for effective SOX compliance.
• Working with business unit (BU) partners to help ensure that SOX 404 documentation is current, complete, and accurate.
• Reviewing exception test results with BU partners to determine issue significance; understand how action plans and remediation timelines impact SOX reporting.
• Staying abreast of business process changes impacting SOX controls and providing guidance, where necessary.
• Participating in the design decisions and other support-related matters for the system which supports the creation, maintenance, testing, and certification of SOX controls.
• Coordinating with internal and external auditors regarding SOX compliance, testing, and issue resolution. Actively participating as a member of the corporate SOX Oversight Committee.
• Preparing meeting materials and SOX-related reports for senior management.
• Proactively work with and provide guidance to the business unit risk managers (BURMs) in their oversight of their BU's SOX controls.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Trademarks referenced on the SOX Act Forum are property of their respective owners. Comments are property of their respective posters. Sarbanes-Oxley Act Implementation Portal: Sarbanes Oxley compliance, information, software, & internal audit committee resources. Sarbox. Site source is copyright nuke (c)2003, and is Free Software under the GNU / GPL licence agreement. All Rights Are Reserved.