SOX Software Tools 32

• Would like to hear what other people’s experiences are, both good and bad, of the various SOX software tools (OpenPages, Movaris, Paisley, Oracle ICM, etc.) available in the marketplace.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• It’s difficult to know what sort of tools you had in mind RoadKing.
    We were new to SOX a month or so ago and bought the product mentioned all over the place, including on the front page of this site, the Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance Toolkit. It really has helped us to shortcut a steep learning curve so I would certainly recommend it.
    I’m not sure whether you mean an intro kit like this though, as I’ve never heard of the other items you mention. Could you elaborate a bit on the functionality you had in mind?
    Thanks

• Some of the functionality that I think is important in a SOX tool would be:

• Document management (i.e., version control)
    • Workflow
    • E-mail notification
    • Issue and Action Plan Management
    • Account and/or Process centric driven
    • Customized views (i.e., MyActivities, MyIssues, MyTasks)
    • Control assessment and testing
    • Reporting
    • Searching
    • etc.

• Acutally we reviewed most of the avialable Tools in the beginning of 2003. Almost every Tool mentioned only exists on glossy paper. So we decided to purchase the most promissing and tried to take influence in the vendors developement. %0AWe still have no really satisfying product but we’re almost there (90%).%0ATo get at least some results you should buy a dedicated product and nothing which is put on top of something which was developed for a totally different purpose.

• It seems that many vendors are coming at the problem from a couple of different angles. One is from an email archiving perspective because that is the immediate need. Another is from a document management perspective. Finally, the last seems to be from an accounting and audit perspective.
    Each seem to be evolving towards a common goal but with different priorities.
    The only email, im solution which I found which seems good is from Athenaarchiver. They give you an appliance with very powerful seamless integration.
    I haven’t found a document management solution that I like. I really dislike oracle icm because it’s insane in resources, unbelieveably slow, and just isn’t worth the money. I like paperport as a front end and use customized version control software for document management.
    The accounting and audit software world seems primarily focused on financial data, not electronic communications and auditing internal controls.
    andrew
    [Edited to remove excessive advertising reference]

• I have seen some of the SoX softare used by a large company (which was developed by one of the big 6) and it is just terrible. I am interested in partering up with a company to develop software for JUST THIS PURPOSE. If anyone is interested, please contact me at (eduardo_ballesteros_at_msn.com).