Narrative Report 233

• I have been asked to prepare our firm for a Sarbanes-Oxley audit. I am in IT and this audit will be IT related for myself. I do not really have any experience in auditing and am trying to learn what is needed while ensure that I cover the bases of SOx. I have been asked to create a narrative report. I have asked about what a narrative report is and have only gotten vague answers at best. I have been searching on the internet and have read about places making narrative reports, but I cannot find anything explaining the meat of one. Can someone describe to me what a narrative report is and if you have an example, it would be great. Thanks alot

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• A narrative is a detailed description of some process, such as Application Change Management. Within the narrative you need to identify all the steps taken to accomplish the process identified. For instance, in Application Change Management you can describe how testing is done, how tickets are generated, how approval is handled, etc.
    The focus should be on the process itself and not so much on the actual technology used.

• Send an email to me, gezco_at_yahoo.com and I can send you an example narative, if you still need it.