Student needs help.. 328

• I am a student at the University of Cincinnati. I am on Co-op this quarter and I will be working with a company that would like for me to pick up where the former co-op left off with Sarbanes-Oxley. I no NOTHING… about this Act. I have been trying to research it but I don’t want to be clueless when I walk in there. I was wondering if anyone could just give me a few pointers on it and some really important things to know about it. Thanks, I’ll continue to research but I’m not sure what is really important to know…
    Thanks,
    Morrisa

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Well, the first thing you need to know is how to spell the word ‘know’. 😉
    The good news is that there is a LOT of info accessible via the web about the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOA). The not-so-good news is that the specifics of what the act is attempting to enforce can be conceived as subjective and much is left to the discretion of each individual, especially in the IT world - by this I mean that there don’t appear to be a lot of definitive or quantitative requirements in attaining SOA compliance.
    In order for someone here to really provide guidance, I think you’d need to let us know exactly what this company is expecting of you - i.e. what was the previous co-op working on? Was it IT or finance related? Documentation? Auditing? Defining internal controls?
    Once you paint a clearer picture perhaps someone can offer some direction…