Strategic SOX/InternalAudit Leader 603

• Our client, a USD1.8 Billion healthcare services company, has retained us to assist them in identifying a senior level professional to design and build an internal audit/SOX department from the ground up.
    This high profile lead position will interface with the Board and C-level management throughout the corporate office as well as field operations in 35 states. The main objective is to build a new Strategic Internal Audit department that will ensure strong risk management and internal control monitoring along with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance leadership.
    This bright, energetic, highly communicative leader should have at least 7 years of Internal Audit work experience with preference to Big 4 Healthcare background and SOX compliance program development and implementation. CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner) and/or CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) designation preferred. An added bonus would be IT audit experience.
    This is a 6 figure opportunity to build and lead a strategic Internal Audit team from scratch. When you think of anyone we should network with to discuss the further details, I would appreciate the opportunity to either chat with them or forward more information for their review. Feel free to forward this on to the appropriate persons or have them contact me directly.
    Sincerely,
    Brian A Johnston
    Johnston and Associates
    615-497-6755
    brianajohnston_at_comcast.net

• Dear Mr.Jonston,
    This is with reference to your posting dated 9th April, 2005 in Sarbanes-Oxley Act Forum. I am a senior Indian Chartered Accountant. I am also a qualified Information System Auditor. I have got more than 30 years of post qualification experience, 24 years of them being in large multi unit multi divisional industrial establishments. Have got varied experience in Finance, Accounting, Pay Roll, large Foreign Exchange Transactions for imports, Tender evaluation for Project procurement under International Competitive Bidding Procedure as well as under local reserve under IBRD. OECF Funding etc, Stores Accounting, Taxation, Auditing, development of computerised Accounting Systems, Project Cost Monitoring and Stores Accounting Packages Etc. I am quite familiar with working in computerised work environment using different platforms like DOS based software on stand alone PCs as well as LAN and Unix based Oracle software. I am also well acquainted with the use of special audit and data analysis software ACL. I had worked in the General Management cadre and was reporting to top management functionaries for the past several years.
    I resigned from my Corporate Job (Title: Dy. General Manager) as on 30th September,2001 and joined a Hyderabad (India) based firm of Chartered Accountants, in existence for forty years with an impressive list of big and small Corporate clients, both from Public and Private Sectors, on 1.10.2001 as Director (Audit and Assurance Services). I left this firm from 1st of March,2003 and established a proprietary practice firm in the name of P.Kannan and Associates’ in May,2003.
    So far I have handled SOX documentation assignment for two Indian companies, one being a wholly owned subsidiary of an American company and the other an Indian Pharma major. The jobs involved documentation of work processes using ‘MS Office’ utilities like ‘MS Word’, ‘Powerpoint’ and ‘MS Visio’ software for flowcharting, linking the Process Flow documentation to Control Risk Matrix, developed adopting ‘COSO’ guidelines on Internal Controls and conducting walk throughs to test the effectiveness of the controls.
    I am keen to take up SOX documentation assignments on contract basis. If any limited work is to be taken up on offshore contract basis I am open to consider such prposals also. I am also open to considering taking up a job on full time basis.
    If you are interested, you may contact me on phone 91 40 27731797 or through E-mail at p_kannnanassociates_at_yahoo.co.in or pkan_at_rediffmail.com.
    Thanking you,
    Yours Truly,
    P.Kannan