PacifiCorp Looking for 2-3 Financial Controllers/Auditors 1236

• My name is Kerry Fowler and I work for PacifiCorp. Our Power Delivery unit is a business comprised of four major business units and more than 3,000 employees. Combined operating expenses and capital expenditures exceed USD700 million. This position will have primary responsibility for supporting the T_and_D Business Unit in maintaining and effective business controls environment in compliance with PacifiCorp guidelines and Sarbanes-Oxley.

The successful candidate in this position will:
    Implement reviews of processes and controls required to successfully meet SOX 302 and 404 controls and certifications for the Business Unit.
    Is responsible for the coordination of multiple and diverse business control functions.
    Guide and advisesbusiness process owners in the creation and maintenance of required flowcharts, narratives, control self-assessments and other documentation required to assure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
    Work with Internal and External Auditors, and develops implementation and follow-up action plans.
    Support the business unit’s risk and controls framework and ‘Top Ten Risk’ reporting.
    Provide control assessments, establishes improvements, tests current processes, and performs special projects as needed.
    Prepare and distribute periodic progress reports and metrics.
    Establish and maintain effective working relationships with representatives in other departments.
    Manage multiple projects and conflicting deadlines to ensure adherence to project timelines and critical review dates.
    Those in Consultant roles spend the majority of their time advising and guiding others, and are relied upon as ‘subject matter experts’ with a degree of technical expertise and experience not typically found in Analysts roles.
    Their roles generally have significant impact from a financial and non-financial perspective, and generally impact decisions and objectives across multiple business units.
    Successful candidates for this position will meet the following minimum requirements:
    Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business with an emphasis on internal controls, or equivalent combination of education and experience demonstrating the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
    5 years of audit, finance, accounting, and/or public accounting experience.
    Demonstrated proficiency and accuracy in analyses, research, and project activities/methodologies/tools leading to achievement of objectives.
    Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those internal and external to the business unit.
    Ability to work with all levels of management to identify issues, build consensus, and provide direction.
    Ability to manage conflicting deadlines and prioritize competing initiatives.
    Ability to develop and deliver formal and informal presentations.
    Ability to utilize various system software applications such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
    Preference will be given to candidates who meet the above requirements and have the following:
    Knowledge of the electric utility industry.
    CPA, CIA or other related professional certification or other related professional certification.
    Understanding of what is required by Internal and External Auditors in the demonstration of the effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting from a S404 perspective.
    Working knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP, COBIT, COSO, and FERC accounting standards.
    In-depth understanding of company, operational, and business-specific processes and controls.
    Working knowledge of SAP.
    All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.

• I’m SOOOOOO tired of recruiters not mentioning salary up front (instead choosing to do the ‘how cheap can I get you’ route by asking ‘what’s your desired salary’. Now they’re not even telling us where the engagement is located… sheesh
    Jennifer
    Jennifer Bond
    Sarbanes-Oxley IS/IT Auditor

• I believe Pacificorp is principally located in Oregon and Utah. I did some work with their parent company in the past.

• Jennifer,
    I appreciate your question. Thanks. The position is located in beautiful Portland, OR. The salary is tied to experience. It sounds as if you have had bad experiences with recruiters before. On behalf of all of the recruiting community I apologize. And by the way, you have such a nice website. Good job.