Total Newbie Question 1496

• Hi all,
    I have a friend that has been doing SOX consulting for about two years now and he has been telling me for a long time that I should try to get into this area and I am now seriously thinking about it but I can’t seem to get a clear idea on where to start for training. My background is that I have a law degree and have been working for a large corporation in an account management position. I don’t have any auditing or accounting experience so I am wondering what type of training should I be seeking and in what order. I am in SoCal so if anyone knows of anything out here that would be great. Also, any idea on how long this work will be around? My buddy seems to think it will be around for a long time.
    Thanks…

• Hi,%0AYou might consider some of the training offerings from the IIA (Institute of Internal Auditors). Other posts are on this site that provide information about training offerings. You can simply read through them for more information and the links that are mentioned below.%0AI think that the SOX FAQs from Protiviti and the Practical Guidance for 404 Implementation from PwC are very good, comprehsnsive documents that address about 80% of the basics of SOX. The other understanding you can get from other self-directed readings or through implementation experience.%0AGood luck,%0AMilan

• Thanks for the response. I did find quite a bit of helpful information in this forum and the one thing I am realizing is that there isn’t a lot of formal training in this area.

• Hi, May I please know what are the pre-requirements for enrolling for SOX.