Internal Audit Manager West Coast - EarthLink Vancouver, WA 1569
KerryFowler last edited by
Internal Audit Manager West Coast - EarthLink Vancouver, WA
The Internal Audit Manager - West Coast will be responsible for Sarbanes-Oxley assessments and business process audits with a focus on revenue assurance and cost minimization. These processes are cross functional in nature and require coordination with staff at all levels and across all functions.
This individual will perform complex internal audits, especially for SOX attestation, as well as business process improvement projects, evaluating the internal control environment. This work involves conducting performance, financial, and compliance audit projects; providing business process improvement recommendations to the organization’s management and staff; providing input to the development of the annual audit plan. He/she will maintain the highest degree of organizational and professional ethical standards and will work under supervision with latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
Demonstrated knowledge should include:
- Internal auditing and GAAP accounting principles and practices, management principles, preferred business practices and improvement techniques - both knowledge and application.
- General management information systems terminology, concepts, and practices.
- The Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by The Institute of Internal Auditors.
DESIRED, BUT NOT A MUST:
- Telecommunications industry practices, processes, procedures, and regulations.
INDIVIDUAL SKILL-SET SHOULD INCLUDE:
- Collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Project management.
- Maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Using word processing, spreadsheet, presentations, and other business software to prepare effective reports, memos, summaries, and analyses.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Conducting quality control reviews of audit / project work products.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, superiors, staff, and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Should be a self-starter and a team player.
- BS/BA/MBA in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Business.
- 7 - 12 years of business experience
OTHER CONSIDERATIONS OR PREFERENCES:
Strongly desired certifications include:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)