Looking for TECHNICAL RISK SPECIALISTS in Herndon, VA 1793
juliemac last edited by
I am trying to find candidates for two PERMANENT positions with a leading financial institution. The positions are in the DC and VA area, the company is willing to pay very well, based on experience level. The company DOES offer relocation assistance.
The positions are Technical Risk Specialists. One is Senior (level 5), and one is Experienced (level 4).
If you or someone you know is interested, please contact me at:
They are actively interviewing for these positions, so time is of the essence. Thank you for your time. Description and Qualifications are below.
This position is responsible for implementing and supporting ESO activities for the Operational Risk and Compliance (including Sarbanes-Oxley) program. He/She will be responsible for implementing and coordinating, within ESO, the risk identification, IT process documentation, testing, and certification processes for Operational Risk and Sarbanes-Oxley.
Responsible for creating awareness of, evaluating and responding to IT deficiencies.
Acts as a key IT interface to the business units for all IT Risk and Compliance related matters, including Sarbanes-Oxley.
Provides guidance and direction for the IT Operational Risk and Compliance, including the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), program within ESO, ensuring that corporate standards are fully implemented in a timely, effective and efficient manner.
Provides consultative support within ESO and the business units.
Responsible for ESO and recurring status activity reporting within the corporate SOX framework.
Communicates and escalates IT issues, as necessary, to the corporate SOX Program Management office, ESO, business unit and senior management.
Coordinates and executes compliance testing, the prioritization of deficiencies and related remediation efforts in ESO.
Reports progress and results to the SOX program office and senior management. Interacts with internal and external stakeholders including the Auditor.
Acts as an agent for change to facilitate and influence the corporate compliance culture. Identifies best practices (tools, training and templates) and adapts them for use entity-wide.
Stays abreast of current rules and regulations (e.g. PCAOB, SEC and BASEL) and emerging industry lessons learned and best practices, and ensures they are communicated throughout the organization, as needed.
Establishes and implements an effective IT risk and control program that encompasses ESO policies, standards, regulations and operating requirements (including Sarbanes-Oxley).
Ensures integration with overall corporate program initiatives.
- Four to seven years experience preferred in a top financial services, capital markets, consulting, insurance or other Fortune 1000 organization
- Experience in public accounting, internal audit, operational risk management, consulting, information technology or similar function.
- Familiarity with technology operations and systems development life cycle methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of IT controls as well as strong conceptual and analytical skills.
- Experience in IT process improvement/change management activities.
- Critical thinking skills with a demonstrated judgment to know the relevant questions to ask and assemble the right individuals to provide responsive resolutions.
- Ability to work with corporate and external resources and capabilities to achieve defined objectives.