jsox - educational track 1908

• Happy New Year :),
    I’m new to the forum, so please be gentle…
    I am a currently a Senior IT Compliance Auditor at a mid sized company with consulting and attest auditing experience.
    I have a CS degree, a CISA, and about 6 years of experience.
    What other requirements can i be expected to meet? What are your suggestions?
    I am very interested in jsox and want the opportunity to audit (attest or internal) a Japanese company. I would prefer to move to Japan, if it is for a permanent position.
    Any English information that anyone has in regards to the jsox framework, etc. would be appreciated.
    Additionally, if you know of any such opportunities, I would really love to know about them.

• Hi and welcome to the forums 🙂
    Some advice that might be applicable can be found here:
    http://www.sarbanes-oxley-forum.com/modules.php?name=Forums-and-file=viewtopic-and-p=6804#6804
    The keys:

• A resume focusing on JSOX as a career path and SOX related skill sets
    • Individually tailored cover letters to firms which potentially must adhere to JSOX
    • Networking, networking, networking – Through any type of professional organization meetings or friends, this is your best way to find a job
      Good luck to you and hope you succeed with your career aspirations 🙂

• May I add Language Skills (Japanese) though its not really a requirement.
    Calvin

• harrywaldron,
    Thanks for all the input - I currently attend few of my ISACA meetings, but am going to a COBIT event sponsored by ISACA in a few weeks in Pasadena. I am not a member of the IIA, but I think I will see if I can attend their events (ISACA allows non-members to attend for a slightly higher price than the member fees).
    calvin,
    I don’t speak Japanese… I hoped that wouldn’t be a requirement, although somehow I knew it would obviously be very benificial.
    Thank you for your input, however.

• I don’t want to seem dumb, but what does ‘jsox’ :?: stand for?

• Hi JP - That’s a good question 🙂
    JSOX = Japanese implementation of SOX
    Please paste to browser and add www
    google.com/search?hl=en-and-q=jsox
    JSOX are Japanese regulations that mirror somewhat Sarbanes-Oxley

• Thanks for all the input - I currently attend few of my ISACA meetings, but am going to a COBIT event sponsored by ISACA in a few weeks in Pasadena. I am not a member of the IIA, but I think I will see if I can attend their events (ISACA allows non-members to attend for a slightly higher price than the member fees).