Roll Forward testing for control which was not tested 2034

• I have one doubt about roll forward testing. If a control was not testable during the interim testing due to unavailability of samples but between the interim testing and roll forward testing multiple samples became available; Do we need to do testing with full sample size or do it with reduced sample size as part of the roll forward testing.
    I am pushing for full sample size because due of unavailability of samples we never tested the control really and now reasonable assurance can not be drawn from original testing. I would appreciate if some one can provide some guidance on this.

• Testing should be performed at full sample size as there was no testing performed on this control at the prior test phase period.
    This is because this control cannot be deemed a rollforward, but is determined as a first time/ initial test of the control.
    Rollforwards are only acceptable where the control was tested with a full sample size at an earlier stage in the year, and did not give rise to a deficiency.

• Agreed. It can’t be a roll-forward test of a control if it has never been tested before. A full sample size is appropriate.

• Thanks to all who replied. I really appreciate that. I have already done a test with all available samples for the control.
    Calvin

• EMM and Kymike, thanks for the replies. I really appreciate that. I have already done a test with all available samples for the said control.
    Calvin