Reset account request policy 2319

• Hi All,
    I have question on reset account request policy.
    I recently requested to my help desk to reset my network account.
    I send an email using my corporate email, and my help desk asked me that as per sox they need an email from any colleague of mine to reset my network account.
    My question is

1. Should the rquest from my email be good enough to reset my network account.
    2. If I am not able to access my email because my account has been locked, in that case can I send an email using my blackbery. This blackberry has been given to me by my company and is configure to receive my corporate email.
    3. Should an email just from a colleague of mine be good enough to reset my account.
    4. Should it be my line manager who should request to reset my account using his email.
      Regards
      Raj

• There are no givens on this, it is for a company to decide what is an appropriate policy and mechanism for password resets. However, the situation you describe is not as per SOX.

• Hi All,
    2. If I am not able to access my email because my account has been locked, in that case can I send an email using my blackbery. This blackberry has been given to me by my company and is configure to receive my corporate email.
    Raj
    A request for YOUR account reset to be sent by your colleague?.. strange. Also wondering how you will be able to send mail from Black berry when your account is locked out.
    A better practise would for be your manager to request the reset. Like dennis mentioned, if you do have a policy for a colleague to request reset on your behalf 😛 then that should do and should be consistently followed( wondering how your it guys will knowthe organization structure, and identify if at all a person is your colleague.
    cheers