SOx Testing Contract Opportunity - Portland, OR 897

• Intersoft Inc. is looking for strong candidates for the following position:
    Position Title: SOx Application Controls Tester
    Project Description: SOx Testing
    Project Location: Portland, Oregon
    Length of Engagement: 3 months
    Estimated hours per week: 40
    Primary Skill: TEST DOCUMENTATION
    Other Skills: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT, DATABASE DESIGN, I.T./OPER. AUDITING, SAP, SCRIPTING, TEST ENGINEERING, TEST PLANNING, TESTING
    Years of Experience Desired:At least 3 years of auditing experience (auditing of business process controls as well as software functionality)
    Expertise Level:Senior
    Daily Responsibilities: Write application control test scripts, test, document results, present work paper to Quality Panel

Necessary Skills:

• In-depth understanding of investment business processes (ie: trades, hedging, mark-to-market, etc.) who can test complex application controls (ie: calculations).
    • Interface testing experience with solid database background (ie: data extraction, data manipulation, table comparisons, etc.).
    • Understand business processes, be able to identify application controls, perform the application testing, write test scripts, execute test steps, document results clearly, communicate effectively with business and technical personnel.
    • Require little supervision.
      Additional Skills Desired (Nice to Have):
    • SAP application background
      We are in need of good candidates for this position, and offer a very competitive salary plus benefits compensation package. Please email resume, availability, and/or further questions about this position to Tim Weller at tim_weller_at_intersoftinc.com
      Feel free to pass this opportunity along to your colleagues if you wish. Thanks.
      Tim Weller
      Technical Recruiter
      Intersoft Inc.
      15110 SE Boones Ferry Rd
      Lake Oswego, OR 97035
      (503) 675-6700
      (503) 675-5080 (fax)
      www.intersoftinc.com

• Hi,
    I am a senior Indian Chartered Accountant. I am also a qualified Information System Auditor. I have got more than 30 years of post qualification experience, 24 years of them being in large multi unit multi divisional industrial establishments. Have got varied experience in Finance, Accounting, Pay Roll, large Foreign Exchange Transactions for imports, Tender evaluation for Project procurement under International Competitive Bidding Procedure as well as under local reserve under IBRD. OECF Funding etc, Stores Accounting, Taxation, Auditing, development of computerised Accounting Systems, Project Cost Monitoring and Stores Accounting Packages Etc. I am quite familiar with working in computerised work environment using different platforms like DOS based software on stand alone PCs as well as LAN and Unix based Oracle software. I am also well acquainted with the use of special audit and data analysis software ACL. I had worked in the General Management cadre and was reporting to top management functionaries for the past several years.
    I resigned from my Corporate Job (Title: Dy. General Manager) as on 30th September,2001 and joined a Hyderabad (India) based firm of Chartered Accountants, in existence for forty years with an impressive list of big and small Corporate clients, both from Public and Private Sectors, on 1.10.2001 as Director (Audit and Assurance Services). I left this firm from 1st of March,2003 and established a proprietary practice firm in the name of P.Kannan and Associates’ in May,2003.
    So far I have handled SOX documentation assignment for two Indian companies, one being a wholly owned subsidiary of an American company and the other an Indian Pharma major. The jobs involved documentation of work processes using ‘MS Office’ utilities like ‘MS Word’, ‘Powerpoint’ and ‘MS Visio’ software for flowcharting, linking the Process Flow documentation to Control Risk Matrix, developed adopting ‘COSO’ guidelines on Internal Controls and conducting walk throughs to test the effectiveness of the controls.
    I am keen to take up SOX documentation assignments on contract basis. If any limited work is to be taken up on offshore contract basis I am open to consider such prposals also.
    If you are interested, you may contact me on phone 91 40 27731797 or through E-mail at p_kannnanassociates_at_yahoo.co.in or pkan_at_rediffmail.com.
    Thanking you,
    Yours Truly,
    P.Kannan