SAS70 related: Is there an official logo? 2006

• We have just completed our first SAS70 Type 2 certification, and would like to post a logo on our website saying as much.
    Is there an official logo that we can use?
    Thanks…

• I’ve never seen anything on the websites of our vendors who have had SAS 70 reports completed.
    It appears as though you want to use this as somewhat of a marketing tool that people will notice when visiting your website. Having a SAS 70 report completed does not necessarily mean that all controls that are of importance to every customer have been addressed, only those that you chose to have tested.

• Agreed, and admittedly, it wouldn’t be the featured icon on our website.
    The few examples varied enough that it seems that most companies create their own.
    Ex:
    opsource.net (near the bottom)
    leadroi.com/securitystatement.html
    But I wondered if sas70.com is the official logo…
    Thanks again.

• SAS70.com is privately-owned by a CPA who performs this type of work. The logo is a registered trademark (per his web page).

• I saw that.
    I wasn’t aware it was a privately-owned CPA company tho.
    Hmm… I saw several sites that used that image as well.
    I believe we’ll just go ahead and create our own.
    Thanks for the help kymike…

• Hi - At the SAS 70 website, there is a contact page for questions and I’d recommend asking permission.
    Please paste to browser and add www
    sas70.com/index2.htm
    Some folks are using a variety of images - including a type II certification
    Please paste to browser and DO NOT add www
    images.google.com/images?hl=en-and-q=sas 70 logo
    Having developed web pages for over a decade, I’d be careful as kymike advises on reusing any images directly, as they represent intellectual property rights. With that said, maybe you can create your own image as an idea to explore …

• Hi - At the SAS 70 website, there is a contact page for questions and I’d recommend asking permission.
    Please paste to browser and add www
    sas70.com/index2.htm
    Some folks are using a variety of images - including a type II certification
    Please paste to browser and DO NOT add www
    images.google.com/images?hl=en-and-q=sas 70 logo
    Having developed web pages for over a decade, I’d be careful as kymike advises on reusing any images directly, as they represent intellectual property rights. With that said, maybe you can create your own image as an idea to explore …
    I think we’re just going to create our own. We had no intentions of unlawfully using one, but didn’t want to pass up on an official logo if such a logo existed.
    Thanks.

• lol - As we posted almost at the same time, I’m wondering whether that’s ESP or simply a good idea 😉 🙂

• lol - As we posted almost at the same time, I’m wondering whether that’s ESP or simply a good idea 😉 🙂
    I’m inclined to say good idea.
    😉