SOX Professional Available ASAP 1206
SOXY last edited by
Sr. Consultant (Sarbanes-Oxley) Customers include TYCO, Dresser, Crosstex, Ceridian and Bears Stearn .
Schedule and facilitate meetings with Business Owners to understand existing and new financial reporting
Identifying the key controls, and testing them for effectiveness, creation of narratives, test preparation, test scoring metric and actual field testing.
Keep SOX documentation current by working closely with the business process owners and the project team to identify changes to controls.
Manage the controls self assessment process by aligning control activities with documentation, deploying the assessment and evaluating the results.
Assist operating management with documenting policies and procedures.
Review controls around the business processes and identify redundancies and potential efficiencies.
Assist with developing sustainability to the Sarbanes-Oxley 404 process.
Participate in general audits and other department initiatives as needed
Responding to review comments and ensuring resolution to any issues identified in testing
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT 2001-Present
Consulting engagements for corporate clients in the United States and Latin America to include:
- Sarbanes-Oxley compliance projects.
- Interim Controller for a USD150M Latin America subsidiary in Mexico and Brazil for DaisyTek Corp.
- Assisted GE with pre-merger due diligence and customer base credit worthiness review for all
South America to include Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Colombia and Venezuela.
- SME for Peoplesoft V8.8 Asset Management module conversion at Crosstex.
- Project Manager for the inventory management of five plants into one plant at Dresser.
- Assisted the TYCO Internal Audit group with Internal Audit work for 8 of their Latin America
Plants (non-SOX related).
- Many More.
- SarbanesOxley Project Management, Preparation, Documentation, and Testing Experience: documentation, remediation audit preparation and testing for three companies:
- TYCO a Fortune 100 multi-national conglomerate.
- Dresser Corporation, multi-national conglomerate.
- Crosstex, a mainstream Oil and Gas services company.
-Ceridian, a Conglomerate.
-Bear Stearns, A Financial Conglomerate
- Completed all projects using the COSO framework.
RAZE TECHNOLOGIES Plano, TX 2000-2001Fixed Broadband Wireless
Directed all financial, accounting and human resource activities of the company, reporting directly to the CEO.
- Led ‘Hands on’ day-to-day finance and accounting functions such as, month-end closing,
Financial statements, payroll, budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, variance analysis, ad-hoc
Reporting, monthly P/L review accounts payable, account reconciliation, and inventory.
- Managed company’s cash flow, bank relationships and fund transfer.
- Participated in company’s long-term strategic planning and business management.
- Successfully arranged lease or debt financing of capital expenditures.
- Selected professional employee organization (PEO), 401K administrator, and benefit provider.
- Saved company over USD250K annually by outsourcing payroll and benefits administrations.
- Saved over USD1 Million in cash by identifying cost saving lease alternatives for major equipment
Acquisitions originally targeted for purchase.
- Created five-year business budget plan model and private placement manual (PPM) to be used by
Company investment bankers as part of efforts to secure second round funding.
- Spearheaded the efforts to establish business controls in the areas of inventory, fix assets,
Purchasing, bonuses and commissions.
ENTEX INFORMATION SERVICES, Dallas, TX 1997-1999IT, Consulting Services now Siemens
Sales Finance Business Manager
Provided financial support to the Regional Vice-President. Managed the process used to develop and deliver the financial goals of a USD75 Million dollar business.
- Execution of the budget preparation, maintenance, revenue outlook, quota review, sales bonus
Calculations, forecasting, expenses, and capital (CAPEX) budgets.
- Provided financial controls, policies and procedures of the branch, reporting, variance analysis
And product line, project and customer P/L analysis.
- Effectively tracked and managed branch technical resources within the projects.
- Made recommendations or improvement in the areas of gross profit, SG_and_A expense control, cash
Flow, capital equipment purchases, inventory, accounts receivable management (DSO), warranty
Processing, parts, and labors expenses.
- Prepared monthly utilization reports, P/L analysis and narratives.
- Provided operational support to branch director, in the areas of payroll, human resources and
Other administrative functions.
- Implemented improvements, resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction and improved
Financial operating results.
MCI SYSTEMHOUSE, Dallas, TX 1996-1997
IT, Outsourcing now EDS
Sales Finance Manager
Worked in conjunction with business development, sales and senior operations staff in the development of the outsourcing centers cost models for the Mainframe, Client Services, Networks, and Help Desk Product line of business.
- Worked directly with all phases of the Bid and proposal preparation by scheduling and
Coordinating the overall cost modeling process.
- Participated in the Due-diligence process for new or potential clients as well as managed a group
Of network financial consultants.
- Oversaw forecasting, budgeting, month-end close, variance analysis, incremental project
Tracking, and special projects.
- Supported engineering, network consulting, and implementation on wide area network projects.
DIGITAL EQUIPMENT CORPORATION (Now COMPAQ), Dallas, TX 1988-1996Network Services Business and Regional Controllers Group
Finance Manager - Projects (1991-1996)
Business application manager for the project accounting software. Monitored projects schedules, milestones, cost completion calculations, billings, WBS, time reporting, utilization rates, and terms and conditions.
- Developed and implemented, policies and procedures for USD175 Million business.
- Setup and coordinated field reporting.
- Team member of the bid-win or RFP response team in developing pricing modules and selling
Strategies for the customer.
- Supported four regional network services manager in business transactions.
- Meticulously analyzed expenses, and capital budgeting, along with general financial support to
The network business.
- Acted as a business partner with client, making strategic recommendations on complex issues.
- Worked closely with numerous vendors, VARS, distributors and subcontractors.
Accounts Payable Manager (DEC) (1989-1991)
District Financial Analyst (DEC) (1988-1989)
UNITED STATES ARMY 1978-1988
Various positions throughout the world as an accountant specialist.
BS, Accounting, University of the State of New York, Albany, NY
Oracle, Peoplesoft, SAP R/3, Business Objects
(Read, Write and speak fluently)