CIO Magazine Article - Is Sarbanes-Oxley Working? 1622

• :idea: As I receive several free industry magazines, I found this article interesting and an informative update from an IT perspective
    CIO Magazine - Is Sarbanes-Oxley Working?
    Please add ‘www’ and paste into your browser
    cioinsight.com/article2/0,1540,1975512,00.asp
    Learning to Live With SOX – It seems like a straightforward enough question: is SOX working? Two years after the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (also called the Public Company Accounting Reform and Investor Protection Act of 2002) went into effect, there is a mounting supply of data on hand to throw at the query. But like so many seemingly simple questions, this one isn’t. There are a lot of layers to peel back before any serious answer can be reached. The question invites more questions, such as, ‘What does ‘working’ mean?’ ‘Working for whom?’ …
    While searching for the electronic edition, I found this older 2004 article entitled the ‘SOX Conspiracy Compliance’ which I’ll share as bonus reading material … It’s an interesting read on the struggles for control between IT and accounting
    CIO Magazine - The SOX Conspiracy - Compliance’
    Please add ‘www’ and paste into your browser
    cio.com/archive/070104/sarbox.html
    Sarbanes-Oxley compliance efforts are eating up CIO time and budgets. Worse, CIOs are being relegated to a purely tactical role. And that may be the CFO’s plan.