SOX Questions- BRP project 2013 3262
dannyA last edited by
I am currently carrying out research for my final year project. I have chosen the topic of Sarbanes-Oxley legislation causing burdens for public company’s to comply with. my thesis will need to be supported by evidence from individual experience of the legislation.
I am currently in the phase of carrying out primary research which will include online interview questions. I would appreciate if anyone who has had experience with Sarbanes-Oxley to answer the questions below or to contact me personally at adnan_ali_101_at_live.co.uk. Your responses can be kept confidential if you wish.
- Did the implementation of Section 404 lead to significant Improvement in earnings reliability for your company?
- Did the implementation of Section 404 reduce intentional misstatement for your company?
- Did investors react more strongly to accounting earnings for your company after Section 404 took effect?
- What is the role of internal auditors for your company since the enactment of the Sarbanes-Oxley legislation?
- What impacts did the costs associated with the compliance of Sarbanes-Oxley have on Your Company?
- From your experience, do you think the compliance costs outweigh the benefits of the legislation?
- Did your company ever consider reverting to becoming private at any stage due to the implementation of the Sarbanes-Oxley act?
- Do you expect the SEC make improvements to this legislation? If so, what amendments would you expect?
- Has Corporate Governance improved since the implementation of the Sarbanes- Oxley act?
- Is the any other comments you would like to add in regards to your company’s previous experience of the Sarbanes-Oxley legislation?