SOX Certification 2910

• Hi,
    I want know about valid SOX certifications available. I came across Sarbanes Oxley Compliance Professionals Association (SOXCPA) and the various programs offered by them (given below).
    Certified Sarbanes Oxley Expert - Distance Learning and Online Certification Program
    Certified EU Sarbanes Oxley Expert - Distance Learning and Online Certification Program
    Certified Japanese Sarbanes Oxley Expert - Distance Learning and Online Certification Program
    I am not sure whether this is valid/recognised. Can somebody please help me on this?

• Hi Amith,
    I have completed distance learning and online Certification program from Sarbanes Oxley Compliance Professionals Association (SOXCPA) and now am Certified Sarbanes Oxley Expert (CSOE). The program is very good and I highly recommend this to everyone who is involved with Sarbanes Oxley or plan to be involved with Sarbanes Oxley.

• Hi - You might want to search on the term ‘Certification’ for a significant number of posts discussing PROS and CONS.
    As a brief response, YMMV with SOX Certifications …
    BENEFITS: Pursuing SOX Certifications would certainly enhance your knowledge of the process and might look interesting to a prospective employer (as we all need continuing education in our professional career)
    CONSIDERATIONS: There is no primary SOX designation that is widely recognized and requested by HR hiring managers. In fact, your odds might improve by having a Cerified Internal Audit designation and certainly the CPA designation is one of the widely sought after designations (both are difficult to achieve).