Electronic File Retention 1911
ajbg last edited by
I’m working developing a policy around the retention and restriction of electronic files stored on company file servers.
I am wondering if there are basic rules/guidelines that most companies follow. Any information or guidance on where to look would be appreciated.
harrywaldron last edited by
Hi and welcome to the forums
By using the Search button above, and entering retention as a keyword, there are 44 posts discussing this. In a quick search, these might help:
With respect to electronic retentions, you might consider the following:
- Use of electronic documentation where possible (making sure it’s acceptable to audit and everyone involved)
- Capture timestamp info and ensure it can’t be altered
- Ensure off-site backup for D.R. purposes
- At least a 7 year retention period on all key items
- Ensure security is in place for read and write activities to the SOX electronic repositories
- Periodically test backups and the process